Thursday, November 4, 2010

Boot Camp Week 6

This week’s Boot Camp “Orders” seemed simple enough on the surface. But once I got going I found myself, yet again, realizing things I need to change.
Revisit Your Prices:
Because I obviously don’t want my customers knowing how I price things, I am going to leave the link to this article out. But it did make me realize that I may be under-valuing my products. Based on suggested pricing formulas my prices are about half of what they should be. And knowing this I researched similar items and found that I am generally in the same price range as other Sellers with similar items. You will be happy to know that at this time I do not plan to raise my prices.

Reading List:
Once again Danielle put together a great reading list. Thanks to her I’ve learned so many ways to improve my shop!

“Invisible Content Syndrome” – I definitely have it! And my guess is, it’s because I’m boring. The thing is, I don’t really know how to “spice up” crocheting and bow making. I mean in all reality Boot Camp is probably the most interesting thing I’ve had to blog about. Are you reading this? What kind of content would you like to see? Would you like to see my plans for how I want my business to grow? Do you want to know what new items I’m excited to start working on (that I some times never get to)? What do you want to know about me? Should I include stories about my family?

Customer Service - Whitney and I pretty much have the same views on customer service.  I think it's one of the most crucial parts of a business.  Even if your customer isn't 100% satisfied with the product they received, but they are with the way you handled the situation, they may still recommend your shop to others.  I know many times I've told people about great service, even though I didn't get what I thought I was getting.  Correct the issue the best you can.
 
Treasury Challenge - This is an adventure I'm about to embark on.  I'm very excited to get started making my first Treasury on Etsy and entering this contest.  Plus, it looks like fun!
 
Give up on Success? - Ok, that's not quite what this article is about.  My definition of success is being happy and comfortable.  And according to this article I am successful. 
 
Boot Camp Buddy:
This week Humblehome and I have been in contact quite a bit.  We decided to write our To-Do lists out and check in with each other to see how we are doing.  We also shared some of our ideas for items to sell during the holiday season and gave each other feedback.  Having a buddy has really helped me keep motivated rather than getting frustrated and losing momentum.  She keeps me wanting to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment