Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boot Camp Week 5

This week has been a little tough for me (so rough I've been writing this for a week!).  I have so much I want to do and get done, but not enough time to do it.  So we will start with this blog and work my way through this weeks "marching orders."

First up, Adam Braun's 7 Key Life Lessons:

1. Get out of your comfort zone
My comfort zone is creating the things that people ask for.  I need to create more of the things I want to make and put it out there for everyone to see.

2. Embrace the late sleepless nights:
Haha, this one is kind of funny to me.  I don't have many late sleepless nights.  I get up and start getting ready for work at 5am and get home around 5pm.  When my daughter goes to bed at 8pm I'm headed to my bed too.  I normally finish off the night with a little crocheting before I pass out, hook in hand.

3. Speak the language of the individual you want to become.
This is definitely good advice for anyone!  I want to become a very positive and confident person.  I want to have faith in my abilities.  And I have been doing quite well at trying to see the positive in all things.  Although seeing the positive in my 1.5 year old getting up at 4am today seems to evade me!

4. Find a mantra to anchor and guide you:
I may have to think about this one as it applies to my crafting.  My modo in life is "don't let the past ruin your future" but that doesn't really apply here.

5. Always stay guided by your values, not your necessities.
This I wish was something I could completely live by.  My values want me home with my daughter everyday doing my crafting and taking care of her.  But what I NEED is to feed her and keep a roof over her head.  So for the time being the necessity of a home and food out weigh my values.  But I guess in a sense it is following my values because family comes before all else.

6. To achieve unreasonable things, you have to become an unreasonable person.
This relates to number 1.  My comfort zone keeps me from becoming unreasonable.

7. Become hopelessly idealistic about things that make you feel the most alive.
This is not a problem for me!

Danielle put together a great article with lots of links about photographing your items.  I took this task very seriously and removed all the items from my shop.  I took new pictures of all of my inventory and I'm adding them back to my shop one by one with new pictures, descriptions and tags.  Check it out!  What do you think???

Oh and I have a buddy now!  Check out her shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment