Sunday, October 24, 2010

Boot Camp Week 4


Weekly Article:
This week’s article touched on a subject that I struggle with.  Creating a listing that tells a story and creates feelings in the customer.  Now granted there isn’t much of a “story” behind bows and hats that are handmade.  It’s not like antiques where they’ve been passed down for generations or anything.  But I need to come up with more to put into my descriptions than just “bow, this big, this color”.  If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

This article has also inspired me to run a contest.  I will have the contest participants go to my Etsy page and look at my pictures.  Then tell me which item caught their eye the most and why.  This should help me at least get more views on my items if they look more appealing upfront.

Key Work Exercise:
           
Buyer Attributes
Style Key Words
Key Brand Values
Stylish
Colorful
Handmade
Modern
Bright
One of a kind
Trendy
Simple
Creative
Sensible
Interchangeable
Well Crafted
Busy
Multipurpose
Inspiring
Thoughtful
Bold
Contemporary

Update Profile:
Why don’t you just check it out for yourself!  My Profile!

1 comment:

  1. Love to see your boot camp progress on your blog! Keep with it :D

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete