Monday, March 21, 2011

My Artsy Baby

Molly, owner of MyArtsyBaby, specializes in 100% hand painted, handmade nursery and children's room wall art. Her growth charts are her best sellers, but she enjoys other projects as well.

How did you first hear about Etsy?
I heard about etsy about four years ago from a friend in Nashville


Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!
I'm a stay at home mom of five from a very creative family. For as long as I can remember, I was always making, painting, or doing something that required imagination! I hope to instill that type of creativity into my own children. I use my art as an outlet, and enjoy it very much. I love painting wall murals, but also enjoy smaller scale projects, which is why Etsy is perfect for me.


How did you get started as a designer?
It was my search for unique baby items for baby number five that inspired me to open my own shop. At first I only have canvases in my shop. I put in an alchemy bid to create a growth chart, and that opened a huge door for me. They have become my best sellers.


What inspires you to create?
Everything. Life. My kids. I love browsing blogs and finding inspiration online.

How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy
Word of mouth is great advertisement. I have many repeat customers, and several who've been referred to my shop through past customers. I am also learning the power of etsy teams. Facebook and blogs have also been quite a success.

Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?
What are you waiting for? Just go for it! Be you, and learn as you go. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, and to make mistakes and learn from it. Don't compare yourself to everyone else. Keep your art real and original, and let it speak for itself.

Want a peek behind the scenes?
Check out Molly's Blog!

Want to see more of Molly's work?
See her Gallery of over 100 custom projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment