Friday, February 25, 2011

Joyfully Sewn Designs

Joyfully Sewn Designs features skirts, dresses, jumpers and peasant blouses for children of all sizes!


How did you get started?
I was homeschooled all my life and was privileged to have a Grandma who loved to sew and passed on her knowledge and love of this art to me.  I've been doing custom sewing for about 11 years, and I'm still loving it.

Do you create your own designs or use patterns?
I do design some of my patterns, but mostly I prefer to work off of an existing pattern. Often I will use the pattern as a base and then I'll add/create something slightly different.. All of the skirts I make are from my own patterns as well as one of the jumpers.


Where do you see your shop in the future?
Little by little, I'm gaining more new customers and more repeat customers for which I am grateful! I'm continually working to increase my stock and add new variety to my shop. Someday I may even try adding patterns. I hope my shop will continue to grow and be a source of modest, feminine clothing for girls (and ladies).


What do you do when you're not sewing?
When I'm not sewing I'm often in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake, and spend most of my day in the sewing room or kitchen.  I also love to read, spend time with my family, get outside to enjoy God's beautiful creation, and spend time with children - including my niece and nephews.

Be sure to check out other great items in the Joyfully Sewn Designs Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment