Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Frayed Fuzzies Quilts

Frayed Fuzzies features handmade rag quilts and quilted educational toys for kids from birth on up.
Quilts range from doll size to adult throw size.


How did you start making your quilts:
I'm a third generation quilter who likes to put a bit of a modern spin on traditional quilts. Growing up watching my mother, grandmother and aunts hand-stitch many a quilt, I never thought I would be doing the same---OK, well, not quite the same, I don't have the patience to hand quilt, so I do all my work by machine. My designs are a little bit less traditional than the ones that they make too. I guess you could say I'm putting a fresh, new twist on an old family tradition!



What makes your quilts different:
The style that I specialize in (rag quilts) is fairly uncommon, and lots of fun to make--and kids love the texture of the soft, frayed edges. All our quilts and quilted items are made with natural products whenever possible. All products feature 100% cotton fabrics (flannel is our signature), as well as the occasional polyester synthetic such as fleece or plush Minky (fabrics popular with baby and children’s blankets). Our quilts are designed to be warm, but lightweight, which is why flannel is the preferred material. When batting is used, it is always 100% cotton.


Check out Frayed Fuzzies Shop and Facebook Page.  And don't forget about the Newsletter

1 comment:

  1. This quilter really does a great job with items that appeal to kids - and they're so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete